Monday, April 27, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3






I'm going to let you in on a secret. 

Ready? Here it is:

Just because you make a meal plan doesn't mean you need to follow it.



Ok, so it's no big secret, but I think it's still important to remember. I'm pretty sure (because friends have told me so) that there are people out there who don't make a meal plan because they don't want to be tied to making a meal on a certain day. They prefer to be spontaneous. And I totally get that. 

There are weeks where I follow our meal plan to the letter, and weeks where it looks totally different from the plan.

Guess how many meals followed last week's menu? One. Really.

That's right, just a single meal was made as planned. And that's ok!

It all started when a friend from church called on Monday to let me know she would be bringing us a roast chicken for dinner that night. Whoo-hoo! With that one kind gesture, our meals for the week changed. On Tuesday we had Venison Fajitas, Wednesday was leftovers (as planned), Thursday was another night of leftovers and pancakes for Kiddo, Friday was chilly so we had Stuffed Pepper Soup from the freezer, Saturday we had hamburgers, and Sunday we had leftover Roast Chicken for lunch and Chinese for dinner. I like having a plan in place, but this is real life and sometimes you need to be flexible.

I still love having a menu plan, though. Especially for a busy week like this one when Hubby and I both have nights we'll be out of the house for meetings and a softball game, having a plan makes things so much easier.

This Week's Menu Plan: 4/27-5/3


Monday: Meatball* Sandwiches, Salad

Tuesday: Chick-Fil-A

Wednesday: Leftover Chinese, Baby Carrots

Thursday: Grammy's Oven-Fried Chicken, Cous Cous, Salad

Friday: Cod, Easy Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans

Saturday: Savory Crescent Chicken Pockets*, Cauliflower

Sunday: Leftover Oven-Fried Chicken

*Indicates a freezer meal.

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/03/grammys-oven-fried-chicken.html

Recent Posts 

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/04/easy-and-adjustable-diy-crib-skirt.html   http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/04/diy-ruffle-flower-easy-no-sew-project.html

 

So, Tell Me...

What do you have planned for the week ahead? It can be about your meals for the week or the events on your schedule. Either way, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*