Monday, July 14, 2014

Change Is Coming!

 
Hi, Friends! This week will be a little different at Pinspired Home. I'll be sharing a series of posts about some changes I'm making to the blog and the journey that brought me there. 
Menu Plan Monday will be back next week. 

I started this blog with the intention of documenting the progress as I decorated and organized our new home. Those first posts were all projects I had accomplished within the first 8 months we had lived in our home (and some of them are still popular today). The problem was, I just couldn't keep up with that kind of pace.


And that led to some major frustration. Over the course of the last few months, I started a few blog posts in an attempt to work through the conflicting and overwhelming emotions I was feeling. I never published them, though. I was uncomfortable getting that vulnerable. Plus, those kinds of whiny, negative posts were not what I wanted the blog to be about.

When you're in the blogging world (or even on social media), you want to put your best foot forward. I certainly did. But at the same time, I considered myself pretty "real" and true to myself. I try to not to hide the "real life" from my posts, most notably the messes and clutter I'm forever trying to conquer. But in preparing for this post, I realized I wasn't being genuine about the discontentment I was feeling. I want to be real and authentic in what I write, and I realized that I wasn't doing that in this area. Some of my favorite posts from other bloggers are when they get real and talk about where they struggle and how they're working to overcome it. I need to be authentic.

In the next few days, I plan to share some excerpts of those posts with you, along with my reflections now that I'm on the "other side."

What this realization ultimately means is, like I hinted before, there are some changes coming to Pinspired Home. I'm still in the process of deciding exactly what all those changes are going to look like, but I'd love to hear from you about what you have liked and what you would like to see. Thank you to those of you who have already given me feedback. I appreciate it!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*