Monday, March 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 3/3-3/9


A few weeks ago, I had to postpone our grocery trip when the forecast of 2-4 inches of snow turned into 6-9 inches. This week the opposite happened.
Friday, all the meteorologists were calling for us to get 8-14 inches of snow between last night and this morning. Just to be safe, I went to the store yesterday to stock up on groceries, but it turned out there was no need. By last night, we were in the 2-4 inch range for total accumulation. We had a dusting yesterday afternoon, and woke up to ZERO SNOW this morning! My teacher friends were really disappointed that they didn't get a delay, but Hubby was happy to get on the road to his appointments on a normal schedule. :)


How was your weekend? Hubby and I enjoyed some kid-free time. We checked out a local Mennonite market, went carpet shopping (more on that this week!), and had our date night at Texas Roadhouse.
Meanwhile, Kiddo loved spending the weekend at Nana and Grandpa's house. He had so much fun making pancakes (a must at Nana's house) and cookies, watching a pinewood derby race and a robotics competition, and playing with his aunts and uncle, that he didn't want to get out of the car when my parents brought him back home. I'm thankful that he has such a good relationship with our family. I know we are truly blessed!

This Week's Menu: 3/3-3/9


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup

Wednesday: Crock Pot Falafel, Homemade Naan (using the Master Recipe)

Thursday: Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Rolls, Baby Carrots, Homemade Ranch

Friday: Quesadilla Casserole, Broccoli

Saturday: Turkey Gyros, Homemade Naan (using the Master Recipe), Salad

Sunday: Leftovers



Here's a re-cap of last week:

On Thursday, I finally shared the paint colors in our family room and sunroom/playroom, and admitted a guilty little secret.


And yesterday was the February Goal Update. I've met one of my goals and achieved a milestone in another!
 


My Big Goal for the Week:

I'm still working last week's big goal to polish the posts in my "drafts" folder, and I deleted a few that I knew I never would publish.
In the meantime, my big goal for the week is to clean up and organize our "guest room" (the extra bedroom which is really a storage room most of the time). Eventually it will become a future kid's bedroom, but there's no bed in there yet. When my in-laws visit, they use an air mattress on the floor, since they prefer having a room to themselves over using the sleeper sofa in the family room. Since they're coming to visit in a few weeks, it's about time we got the space in livable condition. :-) 

It's been a quiet week, but there are a few exciting things in the works. I'm still working out logistics, but as soon as I am able, I'll fill you in! Have a great week!




I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*