Here's my monthly progress:
- Get serious about having a regular quiet time.
I achieved day 50 in my Bible in a year plan last week (hip-hooray!). Some mornings its hard to get up and do the reading, and sometimes I read a chapter or two before bed, but I'm staying on track. I consider it a success that I only missed one reading in the month of February.
- Exercise at least twice a week. Yeah... It was more like 1-2 times a week. Evenings weren't really panning out, so I tried working out and showering during naptime instead. I need to find a good routine and stick to it!
- Re-evaluate my schedule and responsibilities outside the home.
There are no updates on the responsibilities outside the home. On a related note, I did do a time-suck challenge, to help me evaluate how I am spending my time at home.
- Find a Cleaning Routine that works.
- Purge and organize the basement and garage.
I hope to get at least one of these done before the end of April. The cold weather is not helping my cause. :)
- Finish the Family Room update.
This may go into December at this rate. I finally shared the paint colors, but that's really as far as I've gotten.
- Read at least one parenting book completely.
I hope to do this over vacation this summer.
- Choose and memorize at least two Bible verses with Kiddo.
I picked a verse (1 John 4:7) because his Sunday School class was using it, but we haven't practiced it yet.
- Take Kiddo outside to play every day (or if it's too cold or rainy, play an active indoor game).
It's been REALLY cold out, but we have spent some time outside. To keep him active, we sometimes play ball in the play room. Some days he just runs around the house, and he recently figured out how to use our elliptical machine after watching me run on it. :) We're keeping busy, but I'm excited for warmer weather!
- Have at least one play date a month.
We had two play dates in February, including one with a dear friend who was visiting from out of town. We had so much fun!
- Schedule an official date night (at home or out) once every month.
In keeping with last month, our February date night didn't happen in February. We went out to dinner last night, March 1. Dinner out was the official date, but since Kiddo spent the weekend with my parents, we also got to check out a local Mennonite market and spend some quality time together.
- Do one special thing for Hubby each month.
This month's special thing was courtesy of MOPs. We had a speaker talk about being our husband's cheerleader, and she had a little grab bag of special items we could give our husbands with a little note of encouragement. I ended up with a can of Mountain Dew, so I attached a note that said "Thank you for all you 'Dew' for our family." We also wrote each other refrigerator love notes for Valentine's Day. I love how very simple gestures can brighten our days and bring us closer together!
Hubby's birthday is in March, so I feel like I need to up the ante. I'll be on the search for something extra-special.
- Continue blogging throughout 2014.
So far, so good!
So far I've made a little under $10 with Google Adsense. I know from other bloggers that it can take a year or more to reach the $100 needed to cash out, so even though I won't see it for a while, it's nice to know I'm earning something. Thank you for your support, friends!
- Write at least 6 "risky" posts.
No "risky" posts this month, which means I'm still one-third of the way to meeting my goal.
- Design at least 2 free printables.
I designed a printable Time Management Log for the Time Suck Challenge. Goal Met!
- Write at least 2 blog series or challenges.
I think I may have come up with a running series. Stay tuned!
- Take better advantage of social media.
Nothing new this month, but feel if you haven't already, visit me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Bloglovin'! I'm also joining link parties to connect with new readers and fellow bloggers.