Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 2/3-2/9


Happy Monday!
Did you watch the big game? Hubby and I stayed home and had our own mini Super Bowl party last night. We had Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (on these rolls - success!), baby carrots, ranch dressing, and chips & salsa. The food was pretty much the best part of the night. (Though I thought the Bruno Mars halftime show was the best - and classiest - one I've seen in years.) Unless you were a die-hard Seahawks fan, the game wasn't much fun to watch. We turned in before it was over.


The homemade rolls were easy and yummy!
And then I woke up this morning to discover the 2-4 inches of snow they were calling for turned into a forecast of 6-9 inches overnight. All the local schools are closed and the roads aren't in very good shape. Normally I go grocery shopping for the week on Mondays, but I think we'll stay home today. I don't mind too much. It's a nice, wet snow, so you can guarantee Kiddo and I will go out and make a snow man later this morning!

This Week's Menu Plan: 2/3-2/9


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Ham, Potato, and Kale Soup (a variation of this recipe)

Wednesday: Hot Dogs, Green Beans

Thursday: leftover Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Baby Carrots, Homemade Ranch

Friday: Possible plans, to be determined.

Saturday: Leftover Soup

Sunday: Small Group lunch, Leftovers for dinner

Well, that's the plan for our week. There's an ice storm in the forecast for Tuesday night into Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. We have emergency supplies on hand just in case we lose power. We'll have to see what the week holds!

Here's a re-cap of last week:

 On Tuesday, I gave a sneak peek of our family room update and shared how I'm making it easier for Kiddo to find and put away his toys with Simple Toy Bin Labels.

And on Thursday, I reflected on one of my Goals for 2014 by sharing what I've learned about being purposeful with my schedule in a post entitled Busy.

I have so many post ideas up my sleeve! There are a few small things I've been doing around the house, a recipe or two, and a goal update. But the thing I'm really excited about is a little craft/decor project for my dining room hutch. We'll see how much time I have to work on posts this week, but I hope to share many of these things with you soon!
What do you have planned for this week?



I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*