- Get serious about having a regular quiet time.
I have to give the YouVersion Bible App a boatload of credit for this one. I love the audio Bible option for days when I can't get all my reading done before Kiddo wakes up. I've only had to use the "catch up" feature twice during the last month, so I'm actually ahead of my expectations.
- Exercise at least twice a week. Last week I only exercised once, but other than that I've been consistent with my 2-3 times a week.
- Re-evaluate my schedule and responsibilities outside the home.
So far so good. I talk about this goal in detail here.
- Find a Cleaning Routine that works.
I've put this one off so far.
- Purge and organize the basement and garage.
These will happen once it's warmer.
- Finish the Family Room update.
This is going really slowly. The rug situation is driving me a little nuts at the moment. I found a well-priced one I liked in the color I had in mind, and of course it's out of stock. So, I either wait til it goes back in stock or go back to the drawing board. I'll keep you updated!
- Read at least one parenting book completely.
I hope to do this over vacation this summer.
- Choose and memorize at least two Bible verses with Kiddo.
I actually forgot about this! I guess I'll pick a verse in February.
- Take Kiddo outside to play every day (or if it's too cold or rainy, play an active indoor game).
With the Polar Vortex and a case of the sickies, we haven't gotten to spend a whole lot of time outside, but we have played a few games. He loves to run in circles around the house, so he's getting some exercise.
- Have at least one play date a month.
Our January play date got cut short by snow (but it did happen!) and Kiddo had a fever for the January MOPs play date. Maybe next month.
- Schedule an official date night (at home or out) once every month.
Well, we were going to have an at-home movie date night the last Saturday of January. We had a red box DVD and everything. But we had issues getting the DVD to work, so that didn't go so well. We ended up popping some popcorn and re-renting 42 on Saturday night. Even though it was February 1st, I'm counting it as our January date night.
- Do one special thing for Hubby each month.
It's been COLD here, so I put a note in his work bag with a few dollars to buy coffee. It got buried in his bag and I had to tell him it was in there, but he appreciated the gesture. :)
- Continue blogging throughout 2014.
So far, so good!
Google Ad Sense is now running on the blog!
- Write at least 6 "risky" posts.
I wrote two personal posts this month - the "Glad Game" and "Busy." I really enjoyed writing both.
- Design at least 2 free printables.
I shared a free printable Goal Planning Sheet this month. Halfway there!
- Write at least 2 blog series or challenges.
I haven't decided on a series yet.
- Take better advantage of social media.
I took three big steps by joining Twitter, setting the blog up on Bloglovin' and putting social media buttons on the blog courtesy of I Gotta Create. I've also started participating in some link parties to connect with new readers. :)
Did you set any goals this year? What steps have you taken so far to make them happen?