Monday, February 10, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 2/10-2/16



Happy Monday, everyone! Are you sick of winter yet? As a Connecticut girl, born and raised, I love me some snow, but even I am starting to get sick of storm after storm leaving us stuck at home. I'm making the best of it and trying to do fun things with Kiddo when we're stuck at home, but it sure would be nice to get a reprieve from the frigid temps and constant snow storms. And as a former teacher, I also feel for the teachers and parents of school-age kids. A few days off a year are fine and welcomed, but everyone needs the structure of a normal week of school. (And I don't think that's happened in our area schools since before Christmas!) This blog post sums up the current situation  so well. If you can relate to what I'm saying, you should definitely read it for a laugh!

Ok, on to meal planning. I'm going to be doing a little freezer cooking this week. I'll be making some Lasagna Casserole, and since chicken breasts are on sale for $1.68/lb, I'll either cook and shred some chicken for casseroles or throw together some Freezer-to-Crock Pot meals. We'll have to see how much time I have and what I'm in the mood to do.

 This Week's Menu Plan: 2/10-2/16

Monday: Salad Night
(We've started making a Quesadilla for Kiddo - it's just easier that way.)

Tuesday: Nana's Meatloaf (recipe to come), Cauliflower

Wednesday: Lasagna Casserole, Broccoli

Thursday: Leftover Chinese Food (from a spontaneous splurge last night)

Friday: Leftover Meatloaf, Green Beans

Saturday: Balsamic Venison Sandwiches (Adapted from Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef)

Sunday: Leftover Lasagna Casserole, Broccoli


Here's a re-cap from last week:

On Tuesday, I posted the January update for my 2014 goals.
 On Wednesday, I shared a simple and inexpensive Anthro-Inspired Plate Stand. Seeing these on my hutch every day still makes me a little giddy. :)

And on Friday, I finally got around to another recipe. I can't believe I went almost a month without sharing one! These Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes are so simple, and an absolute favorite at our house.

What do you have planned for your week? Have a great one, friends!




I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*