Monday, October 14, 2013

This Week's Menu Plan: 10/14-10/20

Happy Monday!
It's menu plan time again. But first a quick re-cap of last week. The Butternut Squash Pasta I made on Monday was pretty good, but not great. It needed a little "something," so I actually put in a dash or two of hot sauce, which helped. Hubby gave it a 7 out of 10, and considering the amount of time it took to make, I don't know that I'll make it again. We had chicken and biscuits on Tuesday and the leftovers on Wednesday. In the future I think I'm going to try to turn this meal into a crock pot recipe and serve biscuits on the side (the biscuits get soggy when served as leftovers). Thursday we had leftover pasta and some meatballs to go with it, and Friday we had the tacos. Kiddo and I had a Chick-Fil-A date Saturday night while Hubby was at the Stockade Campout for church. And then Sunday we had the Tetrazzini I had frozen a few weeks ago.
Our chest freezer is literally full to the max, so my goal for the next few weeks will be to use up some of our stockpile and make room for future sales and possibly some more venison.

This week's Menu Plan: 10/14-10/20

Monday 10/14:
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (Freezer Kit), Rice, Broccoli

Tuesday 10/15:
Crock Pot Venison Roast with Potatoes & Carrots, Green Beans

Wednesday:
Leftover Tetrazzini, Sauteed Summer Squash

Thursday:
Leftover Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Broccoli

Friday:
Leftovers

Saturday:
Date Night!

Sunday:
Stuffed Pepper Soup (Recipe Coming Soon!)

Probably half of our freezer is filled with berries and veggies that we've frozen from our garden. We try to freeze enough berries to put in our yogurt and oatmeal throughout the winter and spring months, but I think we probably have more than we'll use this year. I may try making some blackberry jelly from some of our frozen berries to make a little more space. As we eat from our freezer, I'm also looking for creative recipes for frozen zucchini/yellow squash slices. If you have any ideas, I'd really appreciate it if you leave a comment below. Thanks!
 
Looking for some good recipes for frozen zucchini!
What are you making for dinner this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*