Monday, October 7, 2013

This Week's Menu Plan (10/7-10/13)

Happy Monday! Last week went really smoothly overall, even though it was one of our busiest weeks yet. It seems that having a busy week forces me to stay on top of everything that needs to be done because I know I can't procrastinate. (And I can procrastinate with the best of them!) 
The menu during the week was right on schedule, but our weekend looked nothing like what I had planned. Friday we had dinner at my parents' house so Hubby could go hunting, and so Kiddo could be spoiled  by his grandparents and aunt. :-) 
The good news is, Hubby got an 8-point buck, so we have a freezer stocked with meat for the winter. We spent a lot of time this weekend prepping the meat for the freezer since Hubby works up the meat himself rather than taking it to a butcher. While he cuts the meat, I run the grinder attachment on our KitchenAid Mixer. I think we ended up with a dozen or so small roasts, a few pounds of stew meat, and 20+ pounds of ground venison. I can't wait to make stew, meatballs, roasts, and Stuffed Pepper Soup!
With all the cutting boards, bowls, and grinder attachments that would need to be washed, we didn't want to have to do extra dishes. Hubby had to go to church Saturday afternoon to set up for communion anyway, we took the easy way out and he picked up a pizza on his way home. And with the random heat wave we've been having, it was too hot to have soup yesterday, so instead we had chicken quesadillas.  It's all about being flexible!

Last Week's Menu: Plan vs. Reality
Monday 9/30:
The Plan: Leftovers
The Reality: Leftovers

Tuesday: 10/1
The Plan: Parmesan Tilapia or Lemon Garlic Tilapia with rice or potatoes

The Reality: Lemon Garlic Tilapia - very good!

Wednesday 10/2
The Plan: Quesadilla Casserole (A variation of Layered Cheesy Salsa Enchiladas)
The Reality: Quesadilla Casserole

Thursday 10/3
The Plan: Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot

The Reality: Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot

Friday 10/4
The Plan: Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
The Reality: Turkey Tetrazzini at my parents' house

Saturday 10/5
The Plan: Pasta with Butternut Sauce, Spicy Sausage and Baby Spinach
The Reality: Pizza

Sunday 10/6
The Plan: Chicken and Rice Soup
The Reality: Chicken Quesadillas - It was just too hot for soup this weekend!

Wednesday's meal: Quesadilla Casserole and Marinated Tomato Salad
This week, I have a tentative plan, but I'm giving myself room to make changes. Several meals will simply depend on what I'm in the mood to make. I'm really excited to try out the butternut squash pasta. Hubby doesn't really like butternut squash, but I'm hoping this will change his mind like the Sausage and Kale Soup did with kale. :-)

This Week's Menu Plan: 10/7-10/13

Monday 10/7
Pasta with Butternut Sauce, Spicy Sausage and Baby Spinach (We'll use swiss chard from our garden instead of the spinach.)

Tuesday 10/8
Chicken & Rice Soup or Chicken and Biscuits, depending on how hot it is

Wednesday 10/9
Tacos

Thursday 10/10
Leftovers

Friday 10/11
Hunting or Meatball Sandwiches

Saturday 10/12
Undecided. Maybe Chick-Fil-A?

Sunday 10/13
Either Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (Freezer-to-Crock Pot kit) or Chicken Tetrazzini, whichever I feel like pulling out of the freezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*