Monday, March 23, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: 3/23-3/29


Good afternoon!

Well, I'm "still here," as they say. No baby yet. I'm honestly not too anxious this time around. As I said before, since Kiddo was late, I'm trying not to get too hung up on my due date this time around (which is Saturday, in case you were wondering). We had a play date, so I didn't get the menu posted this morning like I prefer to. But I'm not complaining - its nice to have things to look forward to this week.

As for meals, I'm keeping things simple. A few are freezer meals, one is take-out, and all should make just enough for one meal. Anything we have planned for this week will not require much cooking or thawing time, just in case. :)

This Week's Menu Plan: 3/23-3/29


Monday: Sloppy Joes, Green Beans

Tuesday: Venison Fajitas

Wednesday: Savory Crescent Chicken Pockets, Broccoli

Thursday: Alaskan Cod, Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, Salad

Friday: Pizza or Chinese

Saturday: Incredibly Simple Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Sunday: Chicken & Rice Soup (from the freezer)


On The Home Front:

As I mentioned on Facebook last week, while most pregnant moms I know nest by cleaning house, I've been nesting by cooking and baking. At the beginning of the week, I made 2 batches of chex party mix (a birthday treat for Hubby, and some of it is went in the hospital bag!), 3 sheets of granola bars (96 total), biscuit mix, chicken salad, 4 loaves of applesauce bread, and savory chicken pockets to freeze.When I wasn't in the kitchen, I worked on some projects for the nursery. All that kept me busy enough that I didn't get to complete a blog post. Lately, all the photo-taking and editing has not seemed appealing, so I'd rather cook/bake or create for the nursery instead.

However, I do have about 4 blog posts that are close, so be prepared for a few this week (hopefully!). Other than hanging wall art (and my wish for bedside tables), the nursery is basically finished. Bags are packed and ready for the hospital (and Nana's house for Kiddo). Now it's just a waiting game. Maybe I will actually get to some cleaning-type nesting!


What do you have planned for the week ahead?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*