Monday, September 15, 2014

Menu Pan Monday and Garden Update 9/15-9/21


The happiest of Mondays, friends!

As I mentioned on Friday, this is a busy week for us. Kiddo and I begin our fall activities, and I am psyched to start Bible Study and MOPs! Spending time in God's Word, building relationships with other women, finding encouragement, all plus childcare for the little guy - perfection!


And MOPs is going to be great this year! Thanks to some new childcare volunteers, we were able to welcome even more moms. I'm on the steering committee again this year, and I'm really excited for what the leadership has planned. If you are a mom to small children and are looking for an outlet and some encouragement, I highly recommend connecting with a local MOPs group. (You can find a group near you by clicking here.)


Garden Update:


This will probably be one of our last garden updates. Things are definitely slowing down. We still have tomatoes, peppers, butternut squash, and kale, but everything else has either been harvested or stopped producing. Over the weekend, Hubby pulled up the broccoli, corn, and green beans and planted rye grass in their place to help add nutrients and oxygen to the soil for next year's growing season.
Here's what we harvested this week:
  • Kale
  • Bell Peppers
  • Banana Peppers
  • Tomatoes 
  • Cucumber (one pitiful little thing)
  • Corn
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
We didn't get as much corn as we hoped, and the quality wasn't wonderful, so I blanched and froze it to use in soups and casseroles.


This Week's Menu Plan:


Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Chicken & Rice Soup from Scratch

Wednesday: Sloppy Joes

Thursday: Hamburgers, Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes

Friday: Stromboli

Saturday: End-of-Season Sotfball Picnic

Sunday: Leftover Chicken & Rice Soup

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2013/11/chicken-and-rice-soup-from-scratch.html
Cool weather has arrived... I'm looking forward to enjoying this comforting soup!


Last Week's Post

This is a post that has been a long time coming. If you have a toddler or like cute printables, you should definitely check it out!
http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/09/toddler-routine-free-printable.html


What do you have planned for the week? Will it be a busy one? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*