Monday, February 17, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 2/17-2/23


Ok, I think I jinxed it last week when I complained about the snow. We had about a foot of snow on Thursday, another 4-5 inches by Friday morning, and 2-3 inches on Saturday. All of that was on top of the snow that was already on the ground! The snow has drifted, so it's hard to get an exact reading of the current depth, but it's a lot!
My little ball player is dwarfed by the snow pile.
And we're not done! We're supposed to get another 2-4 inches of snow on Tuesday, BUT then it's supposed to get up to 40 by the end of the day and it should be 50 (yippee!) on Friday. Hubby and I were joking that we'll have to break out our shorts. ;-)


Now, on to the menu. This week's meals are almost completely from the freezer. I froze the turkey gyros, along with meatballs and browned meat, a few weeks ago when ground turkey was on sale for $1.66/lb. I bought the frozen tilapia a few weeks ago, the venison is from Hubby's hunting adventures back in the fall, and the Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken was a kit I created during my snow day. I will be buying some staples (flour, cheese, yogurt, raisins, and lots of veggies), but I'm hoping that doing an "eat out of the freezer week" will result in a reduced grocery bill. :-)
Hubby and Kiddo will be on their own Friday night through Sunday afternoon as I go on a Ladies' Retreat with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law. I'm excited to go, but a little nervous about leaving my men alone. Last year I had to come home early because they both got the stomach bug, so hopefully they'll stay healthy this year! Hubby knows his way around the kitchen, but since he'll be on his own with a potentially cranky two-year-old at meal times, we tried to make things simple with quick-cooking fish, take-out pizza and a crock pot kit.
Wednesday's Dinner: Shredded Balsamic Venison Wraps

This Week's Menu: 2/17-2/23

Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Turkey Gyros, Homemade Naan (using the Master Recipe), Salad

Wednesday: Leftover Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Venison Wraps, Asparagus

Thursday: Slow Cooker Stroganof (with venison), Baked Potatoes, Green Beans

Friday: Tilapia, Rice, Broccoli

Saturday: Pizza, Baby Carrots

Sunday: Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken (freezer kit), Rice,


He're a re-cap of last weeks posts:
On Tuesday, I introduced my "Time Suck Challenge" with a free printable Time Management Log.
And on Thursday I gave a re-cap of my snow-fueled kitchen adventures. I'm so excited to have some meals, staples, and lunches ready for us in the freezer!

So, that's all here! What do you have planned for this week?




I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*