Monday, January 20, 2014

MenuPlan Monday: 1/20-1/26


Hi, friends! Did you miss me?
I took an unintentional, but much needed, break from posting on the blog last week. Our extra trip out of town last weekend really threw me for a loop, so I spent the week trying yet again to get into a normal post-holiday, post-travel routine. I'm hoping this will be the week!
I've still been doing blog stuff this past week, but it was mostly legwork and writing for upcoming posts. I'm realizing I really need to become more efficient with my post preparations. Another goal? I guess so.


This Week's Menu Plan: 1/20-1/26
 
Monday: Chick-Fil-A dinner date with the Kiddo
 
Tuesday: Crock Pot Falafel
(A dear vegetarian friend is coming for dinner, and these are her favorite!)
 
Wednesday: Leftover Homemade Pizza, Green Beans
 
Thursday: Leftover Chicken & Rice Soup
 
Friday: Big Salad*
 
Saturday: Tilapia, Broccoli, Oven Roasted Potatoes
 
Sunday: Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup, Corn Bread
 
 
* You may have noticed that we've been having a large salad once a week. This was Hubby's suggestion as a goal for the new year. So far it's been going pretty well. We usually top our salad with veggies, raisins, apple, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and whatever leftover meat we have on hand. Kiddo hasn't acquired a taste for lettuce yet (though he did ask to try it this past week), but he will eat some of the chopped up fruits and veggies, the cheese, and meat. It can be a little time-consuming to prep all those fruits & veggies, but it makes for pretty easy clean-up, since I leave all the toppings on the cutting board for us to put on our own salads. The best part, though, it's one less meal I have to think about each week. :-)
 

The ugly brown thing above the plate is a wheat roll. :-)
Well, I don't have a recap for this week, so I thought I'd give you preview for the week ahead. I'll be devoting a few posts this week to goals. If you haven't made goals for 2014 yet, I promise that it's not too late! Depending on how my week goes, I may also share a recipe or a little progress on our Family Room Update. So stay tuned, friends! I'll try to make up for last week's blog silence with a few extra posts this week.
Have a great week!




I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*