Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Menu Plan Monday (on a Tuesday): 1/13-1/19


Yes, in case you just checked you calendar, it is Tuesday, but I'm still labeling this post as Menu Plan Monday. :-) This is the first chance I've gotten to write our MPM post since we have been out of town for Hubby's grandfather's funeral. The service was beautiful - both honoring to Poppy's memory and to his relationship with Christ. We were sad to say goodbye, but we hold to the hope that we will see him again in Heaven. Poppy was a wonderful man, and I'm so glad I knew him.
Needless to say, it's been a busy weekend. We made the 6-hour drive on Saturday, had the viewing on Sunday, the funeral yesterday, and drove back home today. After un-packing, I took a quick trip to Wal-Mart to pick up groceries for the week (not my preferred place to shop, but it's a little closer to our house and faster to get through in a hurry). So now that I have our groceries, I can think about menu planning.


This Week's Menu Plan: 1/13-1/19

Monday: Funeral Meal

Tuesday: Hot Dogs, Green Beans

Wednesday: Tilapia, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli

Thursday: Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot, Carrots, Potatoes

Friday: Salad with Chopped Chicken

Saturday: Dinner with Friends - Homemade Pizza , Salad or Green Beans

Sunday: Chicken & Rice Soup, Quick Mix Biscuits


Well, that's our meal plan for the week. Here's a quick re-cap of the posts from last week.

I shared my 2014 Goals at the beginning of the week. This was a big step for me, as I'm not usually a goal-setting type of person.


And at the end of the week, I shared my recipe for Quesadilla Casserole, another reason why I love leftovers. :)

Have a great week!





I linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Org Junkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*