Monday, April 13, 2015

Menu Plan Monday 4/13-4/19


I'm back! After a two-week break from Menu Plan Monday posts, it's great to be back in the saddle. Actually, I had a two-week break from meal planning too. When we got home from the hospital with Baby Girl, Hubby sat down and made a two-week menu plan and wrote up a grocery list. He cooked pretty much all the meals that first week too. I tell you, I picked a keeper! When my in-laws came into town that weekend to meet Baby Girl and spend Easter with us, they brought both a ham and a turkey. Needless to say, I didn't have to cook then either. We've barely made a dent in my freezer stash, which is really encouraging as I figure out this whole "mom of two" thing.

A little blurry, but here was Hubby's 2-week meal plan. He's a good one!


This is going to be a bit of a crazy week. For starters, since Hubby worked from home 3 days last week, it will be my first full week flying solo with two kids (except for Wednesday, when my mom will be coming out to visit and help out). I'll also be on my own for a few bedtimes due to Hubby's evening Bible Study, softball practice, and a meeting this week.

On top of all that, it's a MOPs week, and I'm dying to get out of the house and spend some time with other adults. The pediatrician gave me the go-ahead as long as I keep baby girl with me and don't pass her around. (Sorry, MOPs friends!) :) He tends to be pretty conservative when it comes to taking newborns into public places, and I do understand why. Thankfully, spring weather is finally here, so we can at least make trips to the park and get out of the house into the sunshine!

I'm also very thankful for our church's meal ministry. Members of our church are dropping off meals on Monday and Thursday, so those are two days I won't have to cook, and since there will probably be leftovers, I may be cooking even less. We also have some Amish Chicken Pot Pie Soup left from another meal we received on Thursday. It's such a help to have meals ready-made for us on such a busy week!

This Week's Menu Plan: 4/13-4/19


Monday: Meal Delivery

Tuesday: Leftovers


Wednesday: Salad Night

Thursday: Meal Delivery

Friday: Family Dinner (Happy Birthday, Dad!)

Saturday: Leftovers or Savory Crescent Chicken Pockets*, salad

Sunday: Stuffed Pepper Soup*

*Indicates a Freezer Meal







Recent Posts

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/03/grammys-oven-fried-chicken.htmlhttp://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/04/sophisticated-baby-girl-nurseryguest.html


Please bear with me as I get my blogging act together. I have some posts that are ready to go... I just actually need to hit "Publish"! I will sit down and schedule a few for this week. My plan is for a nursery decor tutorial and a recipe.

So, Tell Me...

What's do you have planned for the week ahead? Is it a busy one? It can be about your meals for the week or the events you have planned. Either way, I'd love to hear you in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*