Monday, March 2, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: 3/2-3/8


It's another Monday, the first in March. It's crazy to think that our little pink bundle of joy should arrive in less than 30 days! (Though I'm mentally preparing myself for an April arrival, just in case she is over a week late like her brother was).  

On the Home Front:

The last couple weeks have been filled with an awesome weekend retreat with my mom and two of my favorite sisters, more freezing (stocking the freezer has become a mini-obsession), and a little bit of crafting/sewing for the nursery (be on the lookout for a fun tutorial this week!). 

Kiddo also had his first dental appointment last week and he handled it like a pro! We watched the Mr. Rogers dentist episode right before we left, and the hygienist was amazing explaining all the equipment to him. They even gave him special Lightning McQueen sunglasses to wear while his teeth were cleaned. I was so proud that there were absolutely no tears or fears. What a champ!

Of course, George had to come too.
Do you see him hiding under the bib?

Can You Help Me Out?

Back to the menu, I feel like I'm in a recipe rut. I'm in the mood to try new things, or make some of our yummy recipe favorites, but at 36 weeks pregnant, I just don't have the energy at dinner time to make anything too involved. Crock pot meals have been such a life-saver, because I usually have more energy first thing in the morning. I'm looking for meals that are simple and don't require me to be on my feet for too long at dinner time. This is where I turn to you, dear readers! What easy, tried-and-true recipes do you love, crock pot or otherwise?

Anyway, since March could be a bit up in the air, I plan to share weekly menu plans instead of posting 2 weeks at a time. I have planned meals for the next two weeks since I only shop every other week, but week #2 is still pretty tentative. I probably have too many meals planned, but I'd rather have too many than not enough. We'll see how far I the leftovers stretch and go from there.

As you'll see, the meals for this week are mostly tried-and-true favorites. I'm excited to bring my Grammy's oven-fried chicken into the mix - a favorite I haven't made in years! Be assured that I also have a brand new recipe in the plan for next week as well. I'm excited to see how that one turns out.

This Week's Menu Plan: 3/2-3/8


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Leftover Chinese Takeout, Green Beans

Wednesday: Alaskan Cod, Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, Salad

Thursday: Leftover Beef Stew

Friday: Corned Beef in the Crock Pot, Cole Slaw

Saturday: Grammy's Oven-Fried Chicken (recipe to come), Cole Slaw, Rice

Sunday: Small Group at lunch, Leftovers for dinner


So that's it for this week's menu! This week (and probably next), keep an eye out for a fun project for the nursery, my tips for freezing cookie dough, and one of my favorite cookie recipes!

Last Week's Post:

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/02/stocking-freezer-for-our-new-baby.html


What do you have planned for the week ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*