Monday, November 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday 11/24-11/30


Happy Turkey Week!


This past week I experienced a first - Pheasant! On Friday, Hubby was invited to go pheasant hunting with a few friends and came home with three of them. Hubby completely took charge of this meal and made a crock pot recipe for dinner Saturday night. Kiddo absolutely loved it, and I thought it was pretty good - a lot like chicken, but a bit more dry. We'll be eating the leftovers this week.



Other than that, it was actually a pretty quiet week, which was welcome after a few very busy ones.

This Week's Menu Plan 11/24-11/30


Monday: Leftover Pheasant

Tuesday: Hubby's Crock Pot Chili, Corn Muffins

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Thanksgiving Feast (YAY!)

Friday: Lasagna

Saturday: Leftover Chili

Sunday: Brunswick Stew


What we're bringing for Thanksgiving:


  • Smoked Turkey (smoked by Hubby, using this method)
  • Butternut Squash Soup
  • Apple Pie
  • Pumpkin Roll
  • Gingerbread House pieces
  • Possibly Cranberry Bread and/or Pumpkin French Toast Bake (recipe coming tomorrow!)
Do you love Thanksgiving as much as I do? The family togetherness, the traditions, the Black Friday shopping, and of course, the food! I can't wait!

My parents host the big Thanksgiving feast and everyone brings something to contribute. Mom is in charge of the oven turkey (we actually will have three birds this year - one smoked, one fried, and one oven-roasted), the stuffing, and a few of the sides. My sister is making Apple Pie Cookies and helping with all the set-up. My aunt is bringing banana bread and two veggie dishes (including green bean casserole - yum!). And my brother's in-laws will bring spicy sausage dressing (SO good), oven roasted carrots, oven-roasted mushrooms, and a pumpkin pie. I know my brother and sister-in-law will bring something too, but I'm not sure what at this point. Either way, it's going to be a true smorgasbord of delicious Thanksgiving goodness!


Last Week's Post:

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/11/its-a.html

Yup, our baby's gender is no longer a mystery! But will our house be filled with pink or more blue? You'll have to click on the photo to find out!


What are you making for Thanksgiving this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*