Monday, November 17, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 11/17-11/23

 

Well, friends, I got back in the saddle with freezer cooking after a long (early pregnancy nausea-induced) hiatus, and it feels so good to have some meals in the freezer!
It was a perfect storm for freezer cooking. Ground turkey was on super-sale last week ($5 for a 3 pound package) and I had already gotten ingredients to make a few other freezer meals. In the past two weeks I prepped and froze:
  • Chicken Tetrazzini
  • Ground Venison (from my hunter hubby)
  • Pumpkin Puree
  • Whole Wheat Quick Mix
  • Pumpkin French Toast Bake
  • 2 pans of Homemade Mac & Cheese
  • Meatballs
  • Pre-cooked ground turkey to use in soups, tacos, and casseroles
Yup, I was busy! I also canned some delicious Pumpkin Butter (thanks for the recipe, Dawn!).



If you noticed I was quiet last week, the flurry of activity in my kitchen was a big part of the reason why. That, and my crazy schedule between doctor appointments (20-week check and ultrasound on 2 separate days), Christmas shopping (including Operation Christmas Child), normal responsibilities, and birthday fun kept me very busy!


This week will also be full, between groceries, Bible Study, and MOPs. But at least I should be home all day Wednesday and Friday to accomplish things. With Thanksgiving coming up, I already have an impressive to-do list!

This Week's Menu Plan: 11/17-11/23


Monday: Crock Pot Pork Chops & Apples, Rice, Green Beans

Tuesday:  Meatball Sandwiches, Cauliflower

Wednesday: White Bean Chicken Chili, Tortilla Chips

Thursday: Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese, Broccoli

Friday: Crock Pot Beef Stew (with Venison), Quick Mix Biscuits

Saturday: Chicken Tetrazzini, Green Beans

Sunday: Leftovers

Last Week's Post: 

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/11/can-you-be-devastated-over-closing.html


This week, stay tuned for a special announcement (of the baby gender variety) and my favorite recipes and tips for cooking venison.

What's on your agenda this week? Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*