Monday, August 25, 2014

Menu Plan Monday and Garden Update: 8/25-8/30


Well folks, it's another week. And for most of my friends, summer is over. How in the world is school starting already? I have a few mom friends who are sending their kids to Kindergarten tomorrow. To think that is just a few short years away for my Kiddo... let's just say we should start buying stock in Kleenex now. :-)

We were busy bees in the kitchen this week, canning 2 batches (roughly 11 quarts) of spaghetti sauce and 5 quarts of green beans. And this week I'm going to try making juice with the few grapes that survived this year. The recipe comes highly recommended, so I'm excited to give it a shot.

Garden Update:

  • Kale
  • Corn
  • Green Beans
  • Tomatoes (lots and lots and lots)
  • Cucumber (just one)
  • Bell Peppers
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
  • Concord Grapes  

This spaghetti sauce is so good! Recipe to come!

This Week's Menu Plan:


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Tacos or Fajitas

Wednesday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Thursday: Hot Dogs

Friday: Lasagna

Saturday: Brunswick Stew & Cook-out


Last Week's Post:

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/08/how-to-freeze-peppers.html

Enjoy the end of summer, friends! What do you have planned for this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*