Monday, June 23, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 6/23-29

 

Oh, friends, it was an exciting weekend! I know I've mentioned before how excited I am for fresh garden produce several times. Well, this week we are enjoying our first harvest from the garden!


Ok, it's only one sweet banana pepper, but it was delicious in an omelet with our "backyard-fresh eggs" this morning. We also have been enjoying a few fresh herbs and some lettuce as well. It may be a slow start, but trust me when I say there is much more to come.  I'm looking forward to sharing a tour of our backyard garden this week.

Kiddo and I also went strawberry picking last week. He doesn't like strawberries, but I was hoping he might be interested in at least trying them if we went and picked them ourselves. Nope. He was much more interested in the flag we were given to mark the spot where we stopped picking. :) At least he was content!
 

This week is a crazy busy week: two softball games, a meeting, a potluck, and a church picnic, as well as errands to run and play dates to attend. Meals this week will be pretty quick and easy for that reason.

This Week's Menu Plan: 6/23-6/29


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Chick-Fil-A (Minor League Baseball night with the team mascot - Kiddo will be thrilled!)

Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Green Beans, Rolls

Thursday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, baby carrots

Friday: Small Group Potluck

Saturday: S.O.P.P. (Sausage, Onion, Peppers, and Potatoes) Hubby will be making this, so it won't be exactly like the recipe. :)

Sunday: Freezer-Friendly Turkey Cheddar Burgers, Broccoli, Baked Potato


From The Freezer: 

Pre-cooked ground turkey for Sloppy Joes, Freezer-Friendly Turkey Cheddar Burgers, frozen chicken breasts for the chicken salad, and frozen peppers for S.O.P.P.

Last Week's Posts:


I'll probably go back to the strawberry patch one afternoon while Kiddo is napping and Hubby is working from home. You can look forward to a Freezer Session: Strawberry Edition coming soon!
What do you have planned this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*