Do you feel like April went by in a flash? Maybe it was the late onset of warm, spring weather, but I was pretty shocked when May 1st showed up on my calendar.
April was a busy month. I had a lot of fun posts to share, including some great recipes, my 100th post, and a giveaway - so fun!
Anywho, now that it's May 3, it's time for another update on my Goals for 2014:
- Get serious about having a regular quiet time.
I'm still reading the Bible every morning. I think this month I'd like to add a little journaling in there to keep me focused. Some mornings I'm just so sleepy!
- Exercise at least twice a week. We've been going on brisk after-dinner walks several times a week. I still haven't gotten back on the elliptical, though.
- Re-evaluate my schedule and responsibilities outside the home.
I will continue to be on the MOPs Steering Committee, but I have decided not to be a Pioneer Girls leader next year. I think this will make my schedule a little less stressful, and hopefully I will be in good shape to re-join Ladies' Bible Study in the Fall.
- Find a Cleaning Routine that works.
Maybe this month. :-)
- Purge and organize the basement and garage.
I worked in the basement for about an hour last week and cleaned out some empty boxes. There's still more plenty to do, though!
Hopefully we'll have a chance to tackle the garage, too. It will be a big job!
- Finish the Family Room update.
I was pretty caught up with closets this month, so I didn't really do anything new with the Family Room (other than re-oranizing the coat closet). I've started a mood board for the family room, but I'm in the process of adding a few elements before I share it with you. My goal is to share some plans in May. :)
- Read at least one parenting book completely.
I hope to do this over vacation this summer.
- Choose and memorize at least two Bible verses with Kiddo.
One down, one to go.
- Take Kiddo outside to play every day (or if it's too cold or rainy, play an active indoor game).
We are LOVING this warm weather (when it happens) and Kiddo is soaking up every moment of being outside. We ate a picnic lunch on Thursday, and I think we will make it a regular occurrence.
- Have at least one play date a month.
We had several play dates this month. I love that we can meet up with friends at the park on sunny days. :)
- Schedule an official date night (at home or out) once every month.We didn't have an "official" date this month, but we did get to spend time together. I'm hoping for a nice date this month.
- Do one special thing for Hubby each month.
I sent some cookies in Hubby's lunch. Nothing too special, but I know he appreciated it.
- Continue blogging throughout 2014.
Going well! I published my 100th Post and held a giveaway in April!
Goal met! In addition to Google Adsense, I joined Amazon's affiliate program in April. Thank you so much for your support, friends!
- Write at least 6 "risky" posts.
No "risky" posts this month, which means I'm still one-third of the way to meeting my goal. I have three drafts on the same topic. I just need to fine-tune one and hit publish already.
- Design at least 2 free printables.
Goal Met and exceeded! I shared some Free Printable Pantry Labels this month.
- Write at least 2 blog series or challenges.
Goal Accomplished! This month's challenge, Four Weeks To Clutter-Free Closets, was a lot of fun. :)
- Take better advantage of social media.
If you haven't already, connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Bloglovin'! Link parties are another fun way to connect with fellow bloggers and even attract a few new readers.
How about you? Did you make goals for the year? How are they going?