Monday, March 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday 3/24-3/30


It's officially spring! Did you do a happy dance? Kiddo and I celebrated the first day of spring on Thursday with a trip to Rita's to eat free Italian Ice. It was a cold, blustery day, but such a fun tradition!

On Friday and Saturday, the warm spring weather came out of hiding. We all enjoyed time outside, especially our after-dinner walks. Hubby even started to prepare for our vegetable garden - tilling the soil, ordering new seeds, and starting seeds we already had. It was wonderful!

Unfortunately, winter didn't want to give up so easily. It's back to being bitter cold, and they're forecasting 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow night. Spring, please come back!


This Week's Menu Plan: 3/24-3/30


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday:  Sausage and Kale Soup, Quick Mix Biscuits

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Chicken Fajitas

Friday: Tilapia, Broccoli, Oven Roasted Potatoes

Saturday: Balsamic Chicken

Sunday: Meatball Sandwiches


Recipes I Tried:

  • I was really excited to try Slow Cooker Chicken Curry from No Cook Freezer Meals. I reviewed the e-cookbook here, and this was the one recipe I knew I had to make.  I was hoping it would taste like the Kang Karee I love, but it had too much of a tomato taste. Hubby and I both agreed it was a keeper, though. Kiddo even ate some of the chicken.
  • I also tried a modified version of these Maple Dijon Pork Chops. When I made them months ago, I thought it was delicious, but Hubby felt the mustard flavor was a bit too strong.  I used half the sauce and a bit less dijon, and it turned out perfectly! The sauce was so delicious, Hubby poured some on his baked potato, and he suggested we try it with chicken next time. Definitely a keeper!
  • This Corned Beef in the Crock Pot was really easy. I didn't add the cabbage (Hubby doesn't like cooked cabbage), so I can't tell you how that part turned out, but everything else turned out excellent. It cooked for about 10 hours on high, which seemed like a lot, but it turned out very tender. Even Kiddo liked the "Popcorn Beef." :) We sliced the leftovers for sandwiches last night and they were phenomenal as well. Hubby has requested that next year I pick up a few extra briskets to freeze when they're on sale. I take that as a seal of approval!

Freezer Cooking/Crock Pot Dishes

This week they're one and the same. Balsamic Chicken is the last freezer-to-crock pot kit when we had our last big snowstorm. I think I need to take another marathon cooking session soon. :)


This Week's Big Goals:

I need to finish up my goal from last week to make a blogging schedule. Then, my goal will be to get my bedroom tidied up. I started this weekend by cleaning off my dresser and going through my jewelry. I'd like to tackle our master closet next. We'll see how much I get done. :)

In case you missed last week's posts, on Wednesday I talked about our first year owning chickens, including some chicken-keeping basics, and on Thursday, I shared a nifty little tip to help fix scuffs on kids' shoes.

Have a great week!



I linked up with I'm An Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi , Kim! It's Lindsay from Tales from a cottage. Love your blog! I love meal planning, it always helps inspiration to see others plans! This is a great post, you have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*