Monday, November 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: Week of 11/4-11/10


How in the world is it November already? Wasn't it just September? I'm not exactly sure where October went...
Well, November will be a busy month for us. First, my first niece is due to arrive this week (SO excited!!). We also have another birthday to celebrate this month, followed by Thanksgiving. And of course, there are all kinds of Christmas preparations to begin! Now that the reality has sunk in that there are only 50 days until Christmas (ack!), let's change the subject and focus on menu planning, shall we?
Last week's menu plan went well. We did shuffle a few things around, though. We had the Jambalaya on Friday, had dinner at my parents' on Saturday, and tried the Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Beef (with Venison) on Sunday. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare venison, and this recipe was good. We cooked it for 6 hours and it was kind of tough to shred. I really think it needed closer to 8 hours to really tenderize it. Nonetheless, I think it's a keeper!
This week is another full one, so I'll be depending on leftovers and quick-fix meals to keep things simple for dinner time. I'm so thankful to have a stocked freezer and a crock pot to make meal times run more smoothly.


This Week's Menu Plan 11/4-11/10

Monday 11/4: Sausage and Kale Soup

Tuesday 11/5: Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken Thighs, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Salad

Wednesday 11/6: Shredded Balsamic Venison Wraps, Baby Carrots

Thursday 11/7: Teriyaki Pork Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Sugar Snap Peas, Rice

Friday 11/8: Leftovers

Saturday 11/9: Sausage and Kale Soup

Sunday 11/10: Tacos

I'm excited to make this Sausage and Kale Soup
again and take a much nicer picture of it. :-)


Stay tuned this week as we officially begin our Stock Your Freezer series! I'm excited to share some of my tips and tricks for saving money and time in the kitchen and I look forward to learning a few new things from you, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*