Monday, November 11, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - 11/11-11/17


Last week I hinted that there was a birthday this week. It's mine. And it's one of those milestones -- the kind of birthday that takes you to a new demographic. I try not to get hung up on numbers, but I'm feeling decidedly "blah" about this birthday.
I did have a really nice early birthday dinner with family on Friday night. We had Thai food, and I ordered Gang Karee which was super-spicy. Even though I ordered 2 out of 5 elephants (their spiciness scale -- cute, right?), mine was spicier than the Pad Tau Kak and Pad Woon Sen my mom and sister ordered with 3 elephants. We got to try a little of everything and my favorite was definitely the Pad Woon Sen, although my dad's Mus-sa-mun was very good too. Then we finished the meal with Black Forest Cake. (My absolute favorite cake. Ever.)
Friday was also the day I became an AUNT! My little niece is so incredibly cute. I can't wait to meet her in person when we visit with family for Christmas. Counting down the days!
Ok, now to meal planning. Last week, we were pretty much on target, though we did have the birthday dinner on Friday and order pizza on Saturday, which changed things up a bit. Since we finished up leftovers last night, the tacos will be making an appearance on this week's menu. With more cold weather on the forecast, I'm looking forward to some stew this week, too.



This Week's Menu Plan 11/4-11/10
Monday 11/11:
Tacos (using meat I froze from my great ground turkey deal)

Tuesday 11/12
Roast Chicken, Salad, Carrots, Potatoes

Wednesday 11/13
Crock Pot Beef Stew (with Venison), Corn Bread

Thursday 11/14
Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits

Friday 11/15
Leftovers

Saturday 11/16
Lemon Garlic Tilapia, Green Beans, Oven Roasted Potatoes

Sunday 11/17
Leftover Stew

And now, I have a few housekeeping notes. First, I'm excited to announce that Pinspired Home now has a Facebook page! I would sincerely appreciate it if you stop on over and give it a "like." Consider it a birthday present. ;-)
If you missed last week's posts, here they are:

On Wednesday, I shared Five Ways to Prepare Ground Meat for the Freezer as part of our Stock Your Freezer Series. I will be posting a new installment every Wednesday for the next few weeks.

On Friday, I shared how our dining room table was almost ruined, and how I was able to miraculously revive it to its former glory (almost). You may want to pin Removing White Heat Spots, just in case you ever ruin a table too.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*