Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: Week of 10/28-11/3




It's really starting to feel like fall! It got COLD this past week, but it's been an excuse for Hubby to break in our new wood fireplace insert, which has been wonderful. We took Kiddo to a local farm for pumpkin picking and apple cider doughnuts (yum!).  We also canned some applesauce this weekend, and I learned a new trick from my mom: cooking the apples with a few tablespoons of apple cider adds so much flavor to applesauce! I definitely will make it like that again.
Ok, on to meal planning. Based on the response I received, Meal Plan Mondays will now be a regular feature here at Pinspired Home. Thank you for the feedback, friends!
Last week's meal plan went according to schedule. Unfortunately, the Crock Pot Honey Apple Pork Loin did not live up to my expectations. The pork was a bit dry and the apples were completely mushy and flavorless. Oh well. You have to kiss a few frogs before finding a prince, right? This week I'm going to try another new crock pot recipe. Here's hoping it's a keeper!

The Pork Loin was not as delicious as I hoped. :(

This Week's Menu Plan: 10/28-11/3

Monday 10/28
Chicken & Rice Soup, Baby Carrots, Quick Mix Biscuits

Tuesday 10/29
Leftovers

Wednesday 10/30
Pizza, Salad

Thursday 10/31
Skillet Baked Tilapia (Hubby's "recipe"), Green Beans, Rice

Friday 11/1
Tacos

Saturday 11/2
Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Beef (I will try this recipe using venison.), Oven Roasted Potatoes, Salad or Sauteed Zucchini

Sunday 11/3
Jambalaya


What's on your menu this week? Are you trying any new recipes? 

2 comments:

  1. I was adventurous last night and made something new from my Taste of Home Cookbook. It was called Greek Pasta & Beef. It's a casserole. Had a number of steps to it, so it wouldn't go on my "simple" meals list, but it was very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I can't tell you the last time I made something new from a cookbook. I actually got rid of most of mine when I did a kitchen purge a few months ago. Sounds good! I haven't found anything I didn't love with "Greek" in the title. :)

      Delete

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*