This is the first week where all our activities (Ladies' Bible Study, Wednesday Family Night at church, and MOPs) are in full force. Since Hubby and I are both leaders for kids' programs on Wednesday nights, and I have taken on a position on the Steering Team at MOPs, I have a lot on my mind and minimal motivation to think about dinners. HOWEVER, that makes it even more important to stay on top of meal planning.
- Since I grocery shop on Mondays (and plan around sales), I will make a plan for Monday to Sunday and hopefully post on Sunday or Monday of each week.
- I will strictly be planning dinners. We are very boring and pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast every morning (egg, fruit, and some sort of quick bread) and usually have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch (unless I'm in the mood to make mac & cheese, tuna, or quesadillas). The only day I'll plan for lunch is Sunday.
- I'm a big fan of leftovers, so I'll often make a large recipe and plan to eat it twice during the week.
- The veggies served with each meal will depend on what we harvest from the garden. Probably salad, green beans, or fresh veggies and ranch
- I will post links for any recipes that I found through favorite blogs or Pinterest.
Without further ado, here's our Menu Plan for September16-22:
Healthy Chicken Spaghetti - a new recipe for us. Hoping it's a hit!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Lasagna Casserole (leftover from last week)
Parmesan Tilapia or Lemon Garlic Tilapia with rice or potatoes
Dinner with friends. Still deciding on a kid-friendly meal. Maybe hamburgers?
Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches or leftovers
Dinner: Grilled Venison Tenderloin, baked potatoes on the grill
After the cold weekend we had in the northeast, I really, reallly wanted to make soup in the crock pot this week, but it's supposed to warm up to the 70's, and Hubby vetoed that idea. Maybe next week?