Monday, March 9, 2015

Menu Plan Monday: 3/9-3/15



Monday, Monday....

I am totally embracing it this week. There may still be snow on the ground today, but the weather is GLORIOUS! It's currently 49 degrees outside, which may sound cold to some, but when the average temperature for the last month was 21.8, it feels downright balmy. Especially after last week.


Ohhh last week... It started out fairly normal, really. Monday was cold and windy but sunny. Not exactly how we wanted to welcome March, but not out of the norm either.
However, on Tuesday the fun began. By mid-morning it was snowing pretty steadily and chools dismissed early. Between ice on Wednesday and unexpectedly heavy snowfall Thursday (which was not properly removed, leaving unsafe road conditions), schools remained closed for the rest of the week. Yes, that means that kids were home from school three and a half days! While I don't have a school-age child yet, I sympathize with my fellow parents. Kiddo and I were cooped up inside all week and, to add insult to injury, MOPs was canceled on Thursday. After being stuck at home since Tuesday, I was SO excited to get out for my obstetric appointment on Friday. (Sad, I know.)

On The Home Front:


Having all that at-home time gave me some more opportunities to get things ready for baby girl. I finished another pillow for the guest bed, made some necessary phone calls, baked four loaves of applesauce bread, sewed a (very simple) crib skirt, washed more baby clothes, made a rough design for some wall art prints, arranged the furniture in the nursery, and began organizing the nursery closet and dresser. Over the weekend, I also made some more lists - for the hospital bag, ideas for a big brother gift for Kiddo, and a shopping list for needed postpartum and baby items. At 37 weeks, I'm feeling the need to be ready!

This Week's Menu Plan: 3/9-3/15


Monday: Korean Beef (a new recipe), Rice, Broccoli

Tuesday: Leftover Oven-Fried Chicken, Baby Potatoes, Roasted Carrots

Wednesday: Pizza, Baby Carrots

Thursday: Simple Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot

Friday: Dinner with Friends

Saturday: Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup, tortilla chips or cornbread

Sunday: Leftover Chicken or Chicken Salad Sandwiches



Last Week's Post:

I was SO excited to share this post with you! This craft was a total experiment, but I LOVE the way it turned out. It's the perfect addition to the guest bed in baby girl's room.

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2015/03/simple-stenciled-pillow.html

With all that I crossed off my list, blogging pretty much took a backseat. My goal is to take an afternoon and draft out some new posts so I won't leave you hanging. I hope to share two more posts this week and get back to posting 3 times a week until the baby comes. Wish me luck!

What do you have planned for the week ahead?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*