Monday, December 1, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 12/1-12/14


Good Morning! I hope you all had a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving surrounded by loved ones!
We had a very busy Thanksgiving week. We spent Monday and Tuesday prepping cranberry bread, butternut squash soup, cranberry sauce, and pies for the big feast, and then we played in the snow on Wednesday. Kiddo was loving the 5 inches of white stuff! It was perfect snowman snow, but VERY heavy to shovel, so Hubby and I were a little less thrilled. But oh, what a beautiful winter wonderland it created - it really put me in the mood for Christmas!
And now I realize that in all the haste, I took zero pictures of the snow. Sorry!

On Thanksgiving Day, we had our big feast around 1:30 and ate our dessert around 6. This is a favorite family tradition of mine, born our of necessity. Kiddo was thrilled when he was told he could have ice cream for dinner, and asked for the the next night too. (We had to explain that dessert for dinner was only on Thanksgiving!)

A photo posted by Kim {Pinspired Home} (@kim_pinspired_home) on

Oh, how I love Thanksgiving! I went a little crazy with the food this year since I'm "eating for two" and my baby bump definitely grew because of it! On Friday morning, I went Black Friday shopping with my mom, aunt, sister, and cousins. It's always a fun time, but it was a long day on my feet. By evening, I was exhausted, but I still managed to decorate most of my gingerbread house. Since we didn't start til close to his bedtime, Kiddo and I finished ours Saturday morning.


A photo posted by Kim {Pinspired Home} (@kim_pinspired_home) on
Gingerbread house decorating is such a fun tradition for my family! We all bring our own house pieces, my mom provides the frosting, and my mom's best friend Linda gets most of the candy for decorating. This was the first year that Kiddo really got into decorating and he spent close to two hours covering every last spot on his house. Now I just need to find a good spot to display them in our home!
A photo posted by Kim {Pinspired Home} (@kim_pinspired_home) on


On today's Menu Plan Monday, I'm planning out our menu for the next two weeks. I've been making bi-weekly grocery trips for a few months now, so I've actually been planning two weeks at a time for a while. It only makes sense to give it a try on the blog too. Things usually change a bit by week two, but planning this gives me a general guideline for my shopping list.


Two-Week Menu Plan: 12/1-12/14


Monday: Leftover Turkey

Tuesday: Chicken Tetrazzini, Green Beans

Wednesday: Crock Pot Beef Stew (with Venison), Quick Mix Biscuits

Thursday: Jambalaya, Baby Carrots

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Leftover Tetrazzini, Broccoli

Sunday: Leftover Stew

Monday: Turkey & Rice Soup

Tuesday: Butternut Squash Soup

Wednesday: Turkey Gyros, Homemade Naan (using the Master Recipe), Green Beans

Thursday: Quesadilla Casserole, Cauliflower

Friday: Family Dinner

Saturday: Community Christmas Dinner at church

Sunday: Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup, tortilla chips or corn bread


Last Week's Post:

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/11/pumpkin-french-toast-bake-freezer.html
This freezer-friendly Pumpkin French Toast Bake is absolutely delicious, and perfect to make ahead for a brunch or busy morning!

How was your Thanksgiving week? What do you have planned for the week ahead? My goal is to get some Christmas decorating done this week. I love seeing some festive decorations in my home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*