Monday, October 13, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 10/13-10/19


Good morning, and happy Monday!

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you probably saw that we had another busy weekend here. Hubby was on a camp-out with the Boys' Brigade from church, so Kiddo and I were on our own for Saturday and part of Sunday. Rather than sit around and twiddle our thumbs waiting for daddy to come home, I decided to plan a day of fun!

To start the day, I made pumpkin pancakes with the butternut squash from our garden that I had baked and pureed on Friday afternoon. (Did you know you can use butternut in place of pumpkin? Life changing!)


Saturday turned out to be a yucky, rainy morning. We stayed at home and colored until about 10:30 when the heavy rain ended, and then headed over to my friend's farm for their fall festival. It was pretty drizzly and cold out, but we had fun with the indoor activities like the pedal trains and the outdoor activities like petting the ponies and running through the hay maze.


By lunch, we were pretty cold. We bought some hot dogs and chips and had a "picnic" in the car.


Then it was home for "nap" (Kiddo played quietly in his room instead...sigh), and then we went to Friendly's for dinner. Growing up in Connecticut, going out to Friendly's was a special treat. I loved to be able to share the experience with Kiddo - especially the cone head sundae!


On Sunday after church, we crashed. After lunch and a quick walk in the sunshine, we all took naps. A perfect ending to the weekend!

This Week's Menu Plan: 10/13-10/19


Monday: Chicken, Potato, and Kale Soup (Adapted from this recipe)

Tuesday: Fish, Baked Potato, Green Beans

Wednesday: Leftover Pork Chops & Apples

Thursday: Sloppy Joes, Cauliflower

Friday: Family dinner

Saturday: Date Night!

Sunday: Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken, rice, broccoli


Last Week's Posts:

It was a Kiddo-centered week, talking about his third birthday. 

Have you tried any new recipes lately? I'd love to hear about them and try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*