Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Menu Plan Monday (On A Tuesday) and Garden Update: 9/1-9/7


What a Labor Day weekend we had! We went down south for Hubby's family reunion, complete with a "Redneck Slip-N-Slide" and a huge pot of Brunswick Stew. We got home yesterday, so I gave myself permission to be a day late in posting our menu. I hope you don't mind. :)

Here are some pictures from the day:

 The huge kettle needed to be stirred constantly so the stew wouldn't burn. Here is Hubby taking his turn

Brunswick Stew is very thick. You know it's done when the spoon stands straight up by itself!

 Three overlapping tarps, water, and a lot of dish soap made for a fun slip-n-slide.


Garden Update:

This week we harvested:
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
  • Tomatoes (Heirloom, Roma, Cherry)
  • Green Beans
  • Bell Peppers
  • Sweet Banana Peppers
  • Corn
  • Kale 
  • Concord Grapes 
 
We didn't get many grapes this year, but I was able to make 7 quarts of grape juice. It was very easy, and I can't wait to taste it!

This Week's Menu Plan:


Monday: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches

Tuesday: Venison Fajitas

Wednesday: Spaghetti

Thursday: Salad Night

Friday: Salmon

Saturday: Hamburgers

Sunday: Church Picnic


Last Week's Post:

http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2014/08/dear-summer-please-dont-go.html


How was your weekend? Trying any new recipes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*