Monday, April 7, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 4/7-4/13


Happy Monday! Spring has sprung! The sun has been shining, and although Saturday was windy and cold, the rest of the week was beautiful.

I'm also thankful that it's been warm enough to move the meat chicks out to the garage. The amount of dust they stirred up was ridiculous, and they were really starting to stink up the house. :) On the warmer, sunny days last week, we were able to let the boys spend some time outside in their new home. Hubby and I have since worked on adding some protection from the elements as well. It's not the prettiest set-up, but it's lightweight and easy to take apart for storage in the winter.
Our egg-laying hens were curious about these guys.
This week starts up another spring activity - softball! Hubby coaches our church team, so Kiddo and I will be spending at least one night a week cheering them on. On those nights, we have to be at the fields pretty early, so we'll stick with something simple that we can eat ahead of time or on the go, like chicken salad sandwiches. 

This Week's Menu Plan: 4/7-4/12


Monday: Salad Night

Tuesday: Chicken & Biscuits (adapted from Heavenly Homemakers), Green Beans

Wednesday: Chicken Curry, Rice, Broccoli

Thursday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Baby Carrots

Friday: Jambalaya (Hubby's recipe)

Saturday: Grilled Pork Chops (using either Mustard Maple Marinade or this Marinade, grilled asparagus, baked potato

Sunday: Small Group (Lunch), Leftovers or Quesadillas (Dinner)

Chicken Curry

Recipes I Tried:

Have you ever pinned a recipe and decided you just had to try it right away? That's exactly what happened when I saw this Brownie Pudding on Pinterest on Friday. I actually made it that night! It was yummy, and very rich. I would definitely recommend it with a scoop or two of ice cream and a cup of coffee. Apparently, we liked it so much I forgot to take a picture. Whoops!

Freezer Cooking: 

Believe it or not, I'm not doing any freezer or crock pot meals this week. Well, not exactly... I'm actually making the Chicken Curry using leftover roast chicken and extra curry sauce that I froze from when I made the curry in the crock pot. I try not to let things go to waste, and this is a perfect example. :-)

Free Online Mom Conference!

I had to share this great opportunity with you! If you are a mom, this is a great opportunity to be encouraged by other moms. It's completely online, lasts all this week, and the speakers are some big names in the blogging world. You can register for FREE here.

Four Weeks to Clutter-Free Closets

Have you joined the Four Weeks to Clutter-Free Closets challenge? I would love to see your progress! This week we're working on Linen Closets. Feel free to share your progress on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #4Weeks2ClutterFree. I would love to put a few of your pictures on the blog when I share my update on Wednesday!


This Week's Big Goals

In case you missed it, I shared my March Goal Update last week. I'm doing well over all, but there are still some things I need to improve on, which leads me to two big goals this week. First, my goal is to get back into an exercising routine. I dropped the ball big time in March, so its time to get back on the horse (ignore the mixed metaphors). Last week, we went on three brisk after-dinner walks, so I did get exercise, but this week, I'd like to do at least one session on the elliptical in addition to our walks. Second, this is the week I'll reach my 100th blog post! I have something big planned, so my other goal is to finish all the prep needed to make that happen. I'm so excited!!

What do you have planned for your week?




I linked up with I'm An Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*