Monday, April 28, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 4/28-5/4

Happy Monday, all!
Did you have a good weekend? We had beautiful weather and were able to go on two after-dinner walks. We put the fence around our rather large garden this afternoon and Kiddo had fun helping Hubby.  If only the weather would stay warm. I'm excited to get the plants in the ground so I can eat my first fresh tomato. Mmmm... I can't wait!
"I'm hammerin' the snakes, Mommy!"

On the home front, we've recently entered the world of potty training.
{If you don't care about such things, I totally understand. Feel free to skip to the next paragraph.}
This is entirely child led, as I didn't want to push kiddo until he was ready. On Friday, he used the potty 5 times, and after a break this weekend, he's already used it three times this morning. He caught me off-guard and I didn't have any candy in the house, so I've been using "big marshmallows" as his reward. Since I don't want to deal with a child on a sugar rush, I quickly threw together a sticker chart system. Kiddo gets a shiny truck sticker every time he goes on the potty, and the fourth time he gets a marshmallow. I'm not holding my breath, but I think we might try getting pull-ups this week.


This is a week of firsts and lasts. Tonight is Hubby's first softball game of the season, and Wednesday will be the last night of Pioneer Girls and Boy's Brigade. I'm excited for softball season to start. I enjoy spending the evening with a great group of ladies while we watch the game socialize and supervise the kids. We alert each other when our husbands are up at bat (so we can at least say we watched), but we rarely get to watch the game. :) 
My allergies are starting to act up a little, so along with our picnic dinner, I'll be sure to pack the tissues!

This Week's Menu: 4/28-5/4


Monday: Tuna Sandwiches, baby carrots, apple slices

Tuesday: Salad Night

Wednesday: Hot Dogs, Green Beans

Thursday: Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (Freezer Kit), Rice, Broccoli

Friday: Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad, Salad

Saturday: Homemade Pizza, Cauliflower

Sunday: Leftover Teriyaki Chicken

Freezer & Crock Pot:

This week we're making Hubby's favorite, Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken. I was supposed make this Sunday, but I forgot to take the Freezer Kit out the night before to give it time to thaw. We made do with leftover Ham & Swiss Casserole for lunch and quesadillas with leftover fajita meat for dinner. Tonight I'm going to make overnight Steel Cut Oats in the Slow Cooker because tomorrow is going to be rainy with a high of 47 degrees! We'll definitely need some hot, stick-to-your-bones comfort food. Seriously, Spring, have you gotten the memo? It will be May by the end of the week!

New Freezer! 

Other than that, we're not really doing many freezer or crock pot meals this week. BUT we did get a new (to us) freezer this weekend!  If you're keeping track, that means we now have three freezers: the freezer in above our fridge, a chest freezer in the garage, and now this upright freezer in our basement. Our meat chickens are fattening up quickly, so we needed some extra freezer space for once they meet their demise.  The way we freeze garden produce, I'm sure both freezers will be packed by Fall. :) Plus, as I mentioned on my Facebook page, I'm excited to re-organize our freezers so I can actually find things more easily!
Organizing and Freezer Cooking together? I'm one happy camper!

This Week's Recap:

Last week was pretty much consumed by re-organizing and labeling the pantry. And then I had to clean up and re-claim our house for a Small Group get-together we were hosting Friday night.
On Wednesday, I started Part 1 of my Pantry Re-do with a "before shot" and some of my favorite tips for organizing a space.

And on Thursday, I shared my Final Pantry Reveal, including some free printable pantry labels for you!

Have a wonderful week, friends!

I linked up with I'm An Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Continued luck with the potty training, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kel! I hope your endeavors are going well too. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for writing this quality informational content. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. If you want about best php development Agency in India.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*