Monday, March 31, 2014

Meal Plan Monday: 3/31-4/6


Happy last day of March! As I'm typing this (Sunday night), it's sleeting out. I'm so excited for the start of April and the onset of true SPRING weather! Our seedlings are starting to pop up, which means garden season is just around the corner. I can't wait to eat our own fresh fruits and veggies!


Spring Cleaning:

I know a lot of bloggers did their spring cleaning challenges in March, but other than cleaning out my fridge and microwave, I honestly just wasn't feelin' it. I just can't get into spring cleaning until it actually feels like spring, know what I mean? So, April is going to be my spring cleaning month. Would anyone like to join me? I promise it won't be too intense - one or two projects a week, tops. I'll post more about it this week.

This Week's Menu Plan: 3/31-4/6

Monday: Leftover Sausage and Kale Soup

Tuesday: Salad Night

Wednesday: Leftover Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken, Spaghetti

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Simple Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot

Saturday: Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Roasted Potatoes

Sunday: Meatball Sandwiches

Recipes I Tried:

I made Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken once or twice before (and it's good!), but I had never tried it as a freezer-to-crock pot kit before. It turned out wonderfully! So far, every freezer kit I've attempted has turned out perfectly. I love it! :-)

Freezer Cooking:

This week we'll be eating meatballs I froze when ground turkey was on sale. I'll also be cooking a whole chicken and some chicken breasts from the freezer. Whether or not I make it into an actual freezer meal, It's a huge cost savings to buy meat when it's on sale and freeze it for future meals. :)

This Week's Big Goal

My big goal is to finalize my spring cleaning plans and share them with you on the blog this week. Stay tuned, friends!

If you missed any of last week's posts, I shared my yummy and easy recipe for Simple Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot and my tip on Thursday was all about our favorite Free Toys.

There should be lots going on this week. Stick around and join the fun!



I linked up with I'm An Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Freezer Meals and Crock pots sure are a God send aren't they. Stopped by from MPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I don't know how I'd make do without our freezer and crock pot. Thanks for stopping by, Wendy! :)

      Delete

I love interacting with readers and learning more about you. You are always welcome to leave a comment. I make sure to answer every single one!
*I have added word verification because I've been receiving a lot of spam comments. Thanks for understanding!*